Poetry Is Life Distilled
Poetry Blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By filling it with your wonderful Poetry, it is all of you who have made  Kavitanjali what it is today.
In this section of Kavitanjali, you can upload your poems directly, instead of mailing them to us. Pictures can also be uploaded along with your poems.
Please note:  This blog is for a general audience of all age groups. So kindly avoid using offensive language and adult content.

There is a 'Comments' button below each poem. If all of you comment on other poems while posting yours, everyone would get feedback regularly. You can use the Blogger Search on top of this page to pick out all your poems from this Blog.

The procedure for posting poems here is explained at the bottom of the page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------
Sign Up
Post
-------------


Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Farewell to Thee




Oh London,A City of Tourists' delight
Everyone's dream to see U without fail
UR Culture and Heritage Rich and Splendour
Under A Monarch Popular and Wise.

I hail from India,a Land with Mystic Air
A Land rooted since Mythological Times
A Land You ruled over many decades
A Land resurrected now on its rise.

I know not why my son embraced You for his living
Though this made me visit you far more than once
Every time having stayed here for long
I now know You better than otherwise.

When I ask Myself the question
Whether all that I see in You
Is worthy to Replicate back Home
The answer I get is No,an Emphatic NO.

Greenary,Clealiness and Discipline
Plenty and Boutiful You Have acquired
Surely worth to carry back Home
Beyond I see nothing in U to admire.

The Silence on which You take much pride
Reminds me of the Silence Of Grave back Home
Devoid of any liveliness all around
I rather leave it for the Grave to hold.

Your not meddling in others' affairs
Did appeal me when I saw You first
But finding an Indifference in Neighbourly cares
It now appears to me more a self centred act.

Your Culture and Heritage truly Rich
But I find in it nothing to boast about
Tis no richer than what We have back home
Dating to periods long before your birth was known.

When I see the Children here spend their Times
In closeted doors be it in School or at Home
Outside weather playing truant at Will
Deprives them of mingling with Nature around.

I realise how fortunate we are back at home
Where Children together in open play
Midst Fun,Frolic and Joy galore,what a pity
Your children miss the joys of childhood days.

As I see my son with his kith and kin
Engaged in routine day to day chores
I see the Stress mounting in their eyes
Having to do everything all on their own.

It looks crazy for every Act
Minor or Major otherwise
One here has to do all by oneself
Devoid of any outside support.

Why my son chose U for his abode
I frankly do not know
Is it your external glitter clouding his sight?
He will then realise as he grows with age anon.

What Destiny has in store for me
I also do not know
Tis God's will if HE brings me here again
Time alone will tell
With my growing age and failing health
As I prepare to go back Home,
For the moment I can say but this
'Oh London I bid farewell to Thee'.


Composed By BAIYU London 07 Jan 2008
@all rights reserved.do not copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More Poems

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure:

1. Those who do not have a Blog Id can get one by using the  "SIGN UP"  link at the top of the page or by Clicking Here . Make your 'Pen name' your 'Display name' while signing up.
Your user name will not show on the Blog. Only the 'Display name' you give while signing up will be displayed on the Blog.

2. After that please email us at  info@kavitanjali.com  giving your Pen name (Blog Display Name), Name, Address(or City of residence) and email address and we will add you to the list of contributors.  Any information sent will be kept strictly confidential.

3. Thereafter you can come to this page
( http://kavitanjalii.blogspot.com ) & post your poems or comment on other posts whenever you wish, using the "POST"  link at the top of the page.
If you run into any problems or have further doubts, please write to us - info@kavitanjali.com

Please note:  This blog is for a general audience of all age groups. So kindly avoid using offensive language and adult content. Those posting unsuitable language and/or content which is not in tune with the policies of Kavitanjali would be removed from the Contributors list.

If each one comments on just 2 other poems while posting yours, others would also leave their comments on your poems and everyone would get feedback regularly. It is up to each and every one of us to make this place interactive. The pleasure in writing Poetry is vastly enhanced by giving and receiving feedback.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Top

Back to Kavitanjali

-------------------------------------------------------------------------